Wednesday 30 April 2014

Adding text to my Illustrations

I recently started to work in Photoshop and add the text to the images. This took me a very long time as it was quite difficult to get it right, especially the positioning of the images within the text. In the end I finally worked it out and I really like the outcome. I used size 12 font, in Traveling Typewriter with 24pt spacing and I think this worked really well with the whole style of the images. 2 of my final illustrations didn't make it into the final selection after I assembled everything together and they didn't fit right anywhere in the story. The images that haven't been used were not of any importance and the images still make sense without them.  Below you can see the general idea of how I personally would position the text and the images. I am aware that for this brief this was not mandatory but I thought that since I had completed my images I would go a bit further and test out page layouts.  



















(The backgrounds on some of these are not meant to be grey, they should be white but blogger seems to be changing image colours lately, sorry about that.)

No comments:

Post a Comment