Thursday 8 May 2014

Book Cover

These are the few stages I went through to create my book cover. After going to Waterstones and looking at the different types of book covers I realised that I was mostly visually attracted to the covers which were rather plain with a repeat pattern/design on the front. After looking at these books I thought about what I could do that was similar. I wanted to use images from within the book as a teaser so I decided to use the border which I used in a few of my images around the edges of the front and back of the cover which I really like and then I used the small image of the flying bird as a repeat pattern on the front and back. I created the cover in a wrap around style. I mirrored the front and back cover images because I really liked how it looked and then I added a simple title to the spine and I think the outcome has been really successful. The size of the cover is 244mmx320mm (with 5mm bleed).






No comments:

Post a Comment