Saturday 19 April 2014

Illustration Eight

The next image is where Hansel is locked in the cage in the witches house.

I started off by sketching different sitting positions of Hansel.

I chose the one which I think looked best. I liked this one because it kind of looks like he is squashed into a small space which is what I imagine being a cage would be like.

Next I added the clothes etc. to the character.

I then printed the image and I think it worked really well.

Next I put the image into Photoshop and changed the contrast and level so the image was black and white.
In the story it states that Hansel hands the witch a bone so that she thinks he isn't getting fat from all of the food she is feeding him therefore I printed a bone too just to add into the cage with Hansel.

This is the complete image in a vignette style. For the front of the cage i just copied one side of the border over again and made a grid out of it. I really like this one. Even though it doesn't really look like he is in a cage I think the grate and the figure style works as a whole and you get the idea.



No comments:

Post a Comment