Saturday 19 April 2014

Illustration Ten

The next part of the story I illustrated was where Hansel and Gretel travel across the river on the back of a duck. 

I started by sketching some ducks when I went on a day trip to Sunderland park and I tried to get images from the side mostly because thats how I wanted to position the duck in my illustration. 

I chose to use this position of the duck because I think it will be good for how I want to put Hansel on top of it.

When I took my niece and nephew to the park I sketched a few images of when they were on the toys and I think I got some good drawings I could possibly use.

For Hansel on top of the duck I thought the drawing of when my nephew was on the rocking horse would be perfect because it looks like he is sitting on the back of something.

I then printed the images I chose and I think they turned out really well.
I then scanned the images into Photoshop and changed the contrast and levels just like the rest of the previous images.

I was relieved that the duck and Hansel figure fitted well together when I scanned them in Photoshop because I had a feeling that they wouldn't go right together but fortunately they did. I added more trees to the outside edges using the ink blown images and also added a texture that looks like water to the bottom of the image. I am really pleased with this because I think everything works really well together and it is not too overwhelming.  




No comments:

Post a Comment