Monday 21 April 2014

Colin west: Mannequin

My idea for the mannequin was to draw it displaying a fur coat to give the impression that the fur of the Moose had been used to make the fur coat. This is the part when my target audience becomes 18+. 
Below is the 6 different stages which I did on Photoshop to create the image.
(working from left to right)
Image 1: The is the mannequin shape which I chose to work with as I thought it would be the best position to use and it is rather simple.
Image 2: The next stage was to draw the shape of the coat over the mannequin. I didn't use any reference for this I just drew a simple coat shape over the top of the figure and I really like how it looks. 
Image 3: I used the magic wand tool on Photoshop to select the 4 different sections of the coat and filled then in with light brown and dark brown before adding texture.
Image 4: I had a lot of difficulty figuring out how to get the fur texture on the coat but I decided to download some different Photoshop brushes which helped a lot. I used the brush in brown and black to get a range of colours within the coat. I done the collar of the coat and I thought it worked really well so I done the same technique on the rest of it.
Image 5: I used the same technique as the previous image and I really like how it has turned out. I don't think it looks the best at the moment because it is a bit light but I will play around and see what I can change.
Image 6: I changed the levels of the coat and really like how it turned out. I think the colours of the texture work really well and it resembles fur more now that it is darker. 

No comments:

Post a Comment