Saturday 19 April 2014

Character Development: Witch

The character I decided to develop first is the Witch, I started off by thinking about her appearance and what her features would look like.


I started off by looking at hands and the different positions I could draw them in. I wanted to focus on hands at first because one of my initial illustration ideas I wanted to focus mainly on the witches hand so I thought if I wanted to go along this route I should think about practising. I am very pleased with how some of these turned out because drawing hands is not my strong point but I think I caught on quite quickly. All the hands I drew were drawn from life/photographs I took. Then I started looking at facial features. I began with the eyes and I basically drew surrounding peoples eye structures and positions and converted them into elderly woman eyes by adding wrinkles and lines. I really like these sketches and I think they have given me a very rough idea on how I want the eyes of my witch to look. I next looked at the nose and how it was structure. I started out by drawing a regular nose from the side and developing it on from there. I added lumps and bumps and crooked areas just like a stereotypical witches nose. I drew a selection of these, from different angles too, and I am really fond of a few of the sketches.  



 

 

 

 

 

 

 












 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 





















(I am currently writing this after I have finished my illustrations and even though I really like most of these drawings I did not use any in my final images due to a huge change in my plan and process.)

No comments:

Post a Comment