Saturday 19 April 2014

Illustration Five

The next part of the story which I illustrated was when Hansel and Gretel saw the beautiful white bird which led them to the witches house. My idea for this one was to have the illustration cover two pages but not as a traditional double page spread. I arranged five bird across the two pages each one getting smaller to create the impression of the bird flying further away. I studied birds flying whilst I studied the bird which were eating on the floor and drew a few positions.


I thought these three positions worked best because I can put them in an order in which it looks like the bird is flying away in stages.




Once I had drew out the bird positions I wanted I printed them onto watercolour paper.


I then put them into Photoshop and changed the contrast and levels to make the images more vibrant.



This is the image which will be on the left hand page where the bird will be quite close and then it proceeds to get further away in the image after this one.

This image will be on the right side of the page and will add to the effect of the bird flying away as they get smaller. I really like the concept of this illustration and think it has worked very successfully.   

No comments:

Post a Comment