Saturday 19 April 2014

Sara Ogilvie

We recently had a visit from Sara Ogilvie to talk about her work and industry. 

I really liked the way she worked and her prints a sketches were very inspiring. Lots of her images can be found on her website along with information about her as an illustrator.  http://www.saraogilvie.com/

What caught my attention most when she came to visit was a version of The Wizard of Oz which she illustrated. I was really interested in this because it has been one of my favourite stories from childhood and I just loved her illustrations for it. She made some of her images black and white and some colour and I think the colours she used were great and it really worked. I also really liked how she incorporated the book sleeve with the book itself I thought it was really clever. You can find her version of this book here http://www.foliosociety.com/book/WWZ/wonderful-wizard-of-oz and I really do suggest giving it a look because it's great. 

Her other books are also really nice, she has a unique style which is very effective in everything she creates. 

No comments:

Post a Comment