Saturday 19 April 2014

Illustration Three

As an addition to the second illustration I did of Hansel and Gretel trying to find their way home I created an image of the house in which they live from a small distance. I did this so that when I print my images the house will be on the right hand page as a full image and the small image of Hansel and Gretel will be on the left hand side page so that it looks like Hansel is pointing up at the house showing his sister that home is close. 
I went on a day trip to Durham and whilst there I went down a small road which was engulfed with trees and in the distance I saw a small house and I sketched out this line drawing of it because I thought it would work really well for my next illustration.

I thought this image was really useful so I printed it and I think it looks really effective. I like the texture I have managed to achieve on the path leading from the house. To do this I ripped away only some of the etching paper and only peeled the layer of plastic off the top is some areas which created grey areas rather than contrasting black and white.

Once I had printed the image I scanned it into Photoshop and finished my illustration. I used the ink blown trees I created previously as trees across the image, using different layers and opacities to create depth and I also added a floor texture. I used the border which I have used in previous images around the illustration and I think this is going to be reoccurring thing as I think it sets off the image nicely. 

No comments:

Post a Comment