Saturday 19 April 2014

Trees

After the trouble I had getting my first illustration right I came to the conclusion that the trees were the problem. I decided that I would keep the dry point etching for the characters and other small details and that I would try something different for the trees. I got some straws and tried the blowing ink technique. I really like the outcome of this. The images I came out with in the end were really effective and useful and I am so glad I tried it. I think they will set off the illustrations very well and they will look better as trees than the etched ones I did previous to this idea. I used watercolour paper and tracing paper and I think both materials worked equally as good but my favourite effect was that of the tracing paper, the ink dried very quickly on it and it gave a lot of different tones and it almost looked like it had different layers like I had been trying to do on Photoshop. I also used ink and water to create a sheet of marks that look like flames for my illustration where the witch is to be burning in the oven. I think these worked really well also and they look exactly how I wanted them too. 












I also went out to places including Durham, High Force, and my local park and dene and took pictures of the tree structures around for extra reference. 






















No comments:

Post a Comment