Saturday 19 April 2014

London Trip

We took a two day trip to London and it was AWESOME!
We went to a lot of cool places and met a lot of brilliant people while there also. On the first day we went to the Illustration Cupboard which was showing Chris Riddells work as he was doing a signing the next day. We didn't make it to the signing but I really enjoyed the Illustration Cupboard whilst we were there because it was such a nice little place and there was a lot of really good art there. We also went to the London Transport Museum to see the Exhibition. I didn't like the museum itself, I found it rather boring and not really my style but the exhibition a lot of really nice things in it and I really enjoyed that part of the trip to this particular museum. Whilst there I also confused a real man with a mannequin on a fake bus and it's safe to say I was rather embarrassed. We then went to Foyles Book shop to have a look around and it was a great shop with a lot of really nice books. On the night time we went to Gosh Comics and I really enjoyed my trip here (Not just for the free alcohol either!)


The next day we went to Nobrow and had a little personal tour of the studio work space and it was brilliant. The shop was small but really inviting and there was a lot of really awesome things to buy. I literally wanted to buy everything I saw whilst there. I did end up buying some books and postcards (one of which was for Luke Pearson to sign). It was a real privilege to be able to look at the personal space in Nobrow and I would like to thank them so much for that opportunity. We all then went to Columbia Road where I looked in a very cute shop called Nelly Duff and it had the sweetest pieces of art in there along with some other really cool things. Later on that day some of us went back along to Gosh Comics where Luke Pearson (the illustrator of the Hilda series) was doing a signing. He signed a postcard which I bought from Nobrow and he even drew a little character on it which I thought was really nice. Even though the trip was very tiring and I will still ache in about 300 years from it, it was a very nice experience and I can't wait to visit London again. Here are some images from the trip!






























No comments:

Post a Comment