Saturday 19 April 2014

Bowes Museum and Helen Stephens

We went on a lovely visit to Bowes Museum and also met a wonderful illustrator who gave us a talk about her work. 
The museum itself was a really nice place and even though I wasn't too keen on the art there I thoroughly enjoyed the talk from Helen Stephens and the Silver Swan which we were able to see. I got some really nice photographs from inside the museum and I must say that it is a beautiful building and it's a very peaceful place.  

Also...I dressed up like a penguin #yolo









Why not?

I really enjoyed the talk from Helen because I could relate to her student situations she went trough such as not knowing where she fits in in the art world and not knowing her own style etc. However, I found her work very inspiring and I rally liked the way she made her images. I got a few snaps of her sketchbook work which is really amazing in my opinion. She also very kindly signed two postcards which I bought with small sketches of her book characters which I absolutely love. 










Also me and Matti became children and drew a picture for the wall of kiddy art...





No comments:

Post a Comment