Wednesday 1 October 2014

Non - Narrative Illustration - Plan

5 weeks from today

Week 1 - 

Nick Cave sketches - Portraits for vinyl development (Various angles) although heading more towards front view. Full body for Fashion Editorial. Portrait for poster, will probably use a successful one from the portrait development. Woman's hand sketches (this relates to one of my vinyl packaging ideas). Bullet hole sketches (also relating to one of my ideas). 

(Vinyl ideas below)

Idea 1 - Black stencil style portrait of Nick Cave
Idea 2 - ''                              ''                              ''
Idea 3 - Woman's hand in clawing position.
Idea 4 - Woman's hand in gun gesture position.
Idea 5 - Bullet hole on front and back of the vinyl packaging and on the vinyl sticker.

(Fashion Editorial)

Stood up pose in a suit - the style of Nick Cave which I researched. I want this to look like a finished rough sketch (I know what I mean). Pencil and fine liner (molotow)

Week 2 -

For each one of the ideas I have, develop the backgrounds and bases using a range of medias and techniques. Acrylic, oils, watercolour, ink etc. 

(Vinyl)

Idea 1 - Red smudging from bottom / top (depending which I choose) and also work the red around Nick Caves portrait.
Idea 2 - Red blood splatter - Ink and / or acrylic paint (will do loaaaaads of these, probably in print room)
Idea 3 - Red finger smudges - using same media as the previous ideas I will use my own fingers to create a smudgy hand print as if down fabric.
Idea 4 - Maybe have a burst of dust / explosion from the gun - black paint / ink? Straw?
Idea 5 - Red blood dripping from bullet hole - ink or paint - Possibly acrylic to get a thicker line or printing ink.

(Poster) 

Experiment with backgrounds for the poster 

Week 3 - 

(Vinyl)

Finalize sketches and assemble them with the background developments to see how they fit together - Photoshop. Finalize fashion illustration if I haven't already.

Start thinking about and designing text for poster and vinyl - newspaper?

Play around with developed images and background for the poster and assemble a few on Photoshop.

Week 4 -

Use existing development work to create apparel and maybe greetings cards / postcards if I have the time.

Finalize poster on Photoshop

Finalize designs for apparel and postcards 

Make sure all pieces of work are to the correct scale etc and print out everything that is necessary

Week 5 - 

If all work is complete create apparel - t-shirts

and postcards 

Finalize everythiiiiiing




This is just a personal plan for the next 5 weeks of this module so I can relate back and check off everything I do as I do it. I will also be blogging around this plan and writing about my process and if things have gone well etc. 



No comments:

Post a Comment