Monday 20 October 2014

Non - Narrative Illustration - Vinyl Development / Front and Back

After I developed my poster and finally found a stage where I really liked the product I moved on to my vinyl. 


 Firstly I copied the red section from the poster a pasted it onto the vinyl cover. I edited parts that weren't quite right until it was right. 
 I then chose the font I created which looked best. I really like the positioning of this. I decided against the strike through with this font as it doesn't work but I went along with the text going outside of the border.
I then chose the text for the rest of it, ''and The Bad Seeds' and 'Murder Ballads' and I really like the positioning for these. I think the spacing is good and I don't need anything in the middle to make everything tie together. After this I changed the hue / saturation of the red and the finished product can be seen at the end of this post.
 For the back of the vinyl I wanted to write "His red right hand" on the back in red (blood) because in Song of Joy it states that the Murderer writes quotes from John Milton in blood after he kills his victims. I added the border I have used throughout my drawings first.
 I chose the text I liked most which I designed and positioned it rather big on the back. I really like the size and positioning because it looks like someone has wrote it on a wall or something similar.
 I changed the hue / saturation of the text so it looked more blood like and once I was happy with the colour I re-positioned it because I had a really good idea.
 At the start of the project I did some bloody hand smudges. I didn't realise at first but this ties in really well with the quote I have written on the back of the vinyl. I changed the hue / saturation of the hand and placed in the middle of the bottom of the text and I really like how it has turned out. The size of the vinyl is 12" and has a 5mm bleed.

No comments:

Post a Comment