Tuesday 21 October 2014

Non - Narrative Illustration - Vinyl Sleeve Printed!

After I developed my Vinyl cover I went onto a Mac (as I have been working on a PC) and checked the colour of my images. I changed the red shades a little using hue / saturation in Photoshop just until the colour was perfect. I then wanted to get the vinyl printed so I could make it. I used Photoshop to create a 24" x 12" canvas for the two sides and then added a 5mm bleed and an extra 2cm tab on two sides of the front of the cover, these are the glue tabs. 

As the big printer in the uni is broken at the moment I went to a shop to get my vinyl cover printed. I was a little disappointed as I expected them to print onto cartridge paper as I was paying £5 but instead they printed it onto normal printer paper. I made the best of this situation by mounting the sheet onto A1 cartridge paper which I bought from the Art Box. I spray mounted this on and then cut out the vinyl using a craft knife. I then used glue on the tabs and glued the vinyl together. 

The presentation of my Vinyl isn't too bad in my opinion, I made a few little slip ups with the cutting but as this is just a mock up it doesn't really matter. Overall though I am really pleased with it, the layout works well and I got the measurements correct which I was worried about as I get really confused with the scaling system on Photoshop. 

Below you can see a few images of my finished Vinyl, the front, the back and an image showing the record fits into the case. I will be making an inlay for my vinyl but I am going to wait for the printer to be fixed at uni so I don't pay a lot of money for a bad print.








No comments:

Post a Comment