Friday 10 October 2014

Non - Narrative Illustration - Other Sketches

As well as sketching Nick Caves portrait I also had other ideas which I sketched out such as the womans hand in a gun gesture and a womans hand gripping bed sheets. My idea for the gun gesture is to have the hand as the center of the image with red painted nails, to symbolise lust, and blood splatters around it as if someone has been shot. The second one is also to represent lust and sex, which is touched upon in some of Nick Caves songs on the album, the idea was to have a womans hand grasping a bed sheet with blood smears around her fingers to suggest she has murdered someone. I really like these idea, I think I am leaning towards using a limited colour pallet and using only 3 colours, red, black and white. I think will also add to the concept of Murder really well. 






 

No comments:

Post a Comment