Monday 27 October 2014

Non - Narrative Illustration - Vinyl Back Cover / Change

Last Friday we had another group crit and my work seemed to be getting some really positive feedback which was really nice because I feel like I've worked hard on making my work better since the last crit. Unfortunately there was one little thing that I did that was misleading. In the song Song of Joy it says that the murderer quotes John Milton in his victims blood and the quote in the song was his Red Right Hand and I thought that writing this on the back of the vinyl would be a cool idea but it turns out that His Red Right Hand is actually another song by Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds from a different album so there vinyl cover I designed would then be misleading to other people. What I decided to do instead was keep the little red hand at the bottom because I think it fits well and it fits well and I am also going to add the track listing to it. I will show the screenshots below but what I did was just wrote out the track listing in my sketchbook using a Molotow Acrylic Paint pen and then I scanned it in, changed the levels so the text as darker and then positioned it where I wanted it. I positioned the text central because the red hand is in the centre of the bottom and I just think it looks better than if it was at the side etc. I have printed out my vinyl cover again as I changed it and I printed it on A1 paper at 12" by 24" with a 5mm bleed all the way around and a 2cm glue tab area to stick it together. (last image)









No comments:

Post a Comment