Wednesday 22 October 2014

Non - Narrative Illustration - Product / Drinks cup

I have now started to think about the products I would like to design / make in the project and as blood has played a bit part in my assignment I had the idea of making a drinks cup with the liquid inside but make the liquid look like blood. I thought about this for a while and realised that the market for this type of product is usually young children, which created a problem. As my target market is older teens and adults I decided to design a freeze cup / glass. This is where the liquid in the gap of the cup freezes when put into a freezer and it keeps your drink cold. I thought this would be an effective idea because I could use a cup in the style of a beer jug (you will see in my images below) which will be aesthetically accurate for my market. I am not promoting this as an alcoholic glass as there will be people below 18 and 21 who this is aimed at, I just think the style fits really well and with my product being called a freeze cup I doubt anyone would get the wrong impression. 




The images below are just little mock ups of what the freeze cups would look like. I have put 'Nick Cave' around the top, it will go all the way around, using my font I did for the Vinyl sleeve. As I used a template of a freeze cup for these images I selected some of the iced parts and coloured them a dark red to resemble blood, I think this would be an awesome idea and I really think people will buy these. 

The first image is without the red and the second is when I added it in on Photoshop. I really like this idea and I think it would be really successful.




No comments:

Post a Comment