Friday 10 October 2014

Non - Narrative Illustration - Experimentation

I decided to experiment with black ink and red paint. For some of my ideas I need red splatters and black "explosions" so thats what I will show below. 

The red hand prints are for the hand gripping the sheet image, I think these worked really well and I like the effect it gives. I especially like the first one of the first image, it is my favourite one and I think it will work really well. All I did to make these was got messy! I painted my hand with watery red acrylic and slapped my hand onto the paper and dragged down and I got these from it.




























Next I created some red blood spatters with the watery red paint. I really like these as they can be used for an assortment of things. I think I can put these into Photoshop and cut and paste them onto the poster or the album cover etc and it will be really effective.


The black ink splatters are for the gun idea. I had the idea of placing the black splats at the top of the fingers to make it look like the gun has fired. To do this I put a small blob of ink onto the page a blew it out into a splat. I'm not sure how this will look but next week is Photoshop week in my plan so I will have a play around with it on there and see what I can come up with.



No comments:

Post a Comment