Monday 20 October 2014

Non - Narrative Illustration - Type Face

For my poster I did pretty much the exact same thing with my poster as I did with my vinyl cover. I tried a few different type faces but they just didn't work, for the same reasons as the vinyl the type faces below didn't fit with the style of the poster and some of the text would be hard to see.






















Since the beginning of the project I have been worried about typography, I didn't want to download any type faces from the internet for copyright purposes, I also didn't like the idea of using already existing type faces from Photoshop and I am not great at creating my own fonts, my handwriting isn't the best and I was very skeptical to try it. But in the end I decided I would give it a go because obviously I don't know until I try. The images below are what I wrote into my sketchbook, I didn't do anything fancy I basically just wrote in a way I thought would look good. Some are better than other but I really like most of them. At the beginning of the project I wanted to stay away from 'horror' styled type faces just because I thought it was a bit obvious but I tried to make the typography a little more aggressive rather than stick to very straight edged lettering. 

I wrote in red pen at first but I will more than likely change it to black on my images, you will find out in my next few posts. ('His Red Right Hand' will be explained in a later post)




No comments:

Post a Comment