Friday 10 October 2014

Non - Narrative Illustration - Nick Cave Sketches

As part of image development I thought that starting with drawing Nick Caves portrait would be a good place to start. Most albums / products and posters usually have the artists face on, for recognition purposes which is another reason I decided to sketch his portrait, for the reason that people will know immediately who it is. For the sketches I am going to show below I have used a HB 0.5mm mechanical pencil, a Molotow Aqua Ink pen and a Molotow 1.5mm Acrylic Paint pen. I decided to sketch from secondary research (photographs) of Nick Cave as obviously primary drawings / research is impossible in this situation. I will credit the photographer of the image I decide to use. In no way am I taking credit for the image, I will only take credit for the drawing.

My thoughts around these images is to use red and black paint / ink to indicate murder / blood. I will use red acrylic paint and work it around Nick Caves face for highlights around the black ink used for the shadow areas. I will also experiment with ink splats for added detail. The next stage of this will be to go around the image with black ink. 





No comments:

Post a Comment