Friday 10 October 2014

Non - Narrative Illustration - Nick Cave Portrait - Ink

After I sketched out the Nick Cave portraits I went into a few with a Molotow acrylic pen and a Molotow Aqua pen for details and to get a stencil like effect. After trying this I thought I'd pick the 2 images I liked the best and develop those. I decided to go straight in with the red paint and black ink and I really like the outcome. 

These are the first two that I tried out, I like the effect the grey pen gives but I'm sure about using it in my final image.





























I also tried out black ink and water to create shadowing and tones. I really liked the effect of this and may try it in my final images. 



























After this experimentation stage I chose the two images that I was going to try out. Below you can see the inked outline of the two images I chose before I went in with red paint and black ink.


No comments:

Post a Comment