Friday 10 October 2014

Non - Narrative Illustration - Alena Lavdovskaya / Fashion Editorial

As part of the Fashion Illustration section of this assignment I looked at fashion illustrator 

Alena Lavdovskaya for inspiration. I really like her work, she works in a minimalistic way and that's really effective. I like her use of line and shading in her images. I also like her sketches which have a slight bit of colour in them, I think it brings out the shapes of the figure really well. I don't think I am going to use colour in my illustration but I am definitely going down minimalist route and have a simple line drawing with some grey shading. I will probably use a fine liner or thin Molotow pen for the outline and then maybe water colours for the grey shading. I am quite excited to do this as I have never done a Fashion Illustration before and I really like trying out new things. I am not the best at people proportions either so I am hoping this will give me some practice in that area for in the future. below I will post some images of what I have sketched up so far. and I will also add some of Alena Lavdovskayas drawings to show her inspiration. You will see in my skecthes that I haven't drew a face, I am not the best at drawing faces in small detail so my idea to get around this was to just put in certain aspects of Nick Cave which stand out such has his hair and eyebrows, I like this idea and I think it works quite well.




Alena Lavdovskaya:





























































My sketches: 
































No comments:

Post a Comment