Monday 6 January 2014

The Book of Drawings Image One

This is the first image of my journey which takes place at my home. To create this I used the brush tool and drew the outline of the street first in black. I then used different shades of grey to colour the scene. I created shadows by using the soft round brush and blending with the mixer brush tool. For the trees and bushes I used the spatter brushed because they have a bush/leaf effect and I think it works quite well. For the sky I used a brush that resembled a cloud and the good thing about this brush is that it changes shade after every click of the mouse so it created a very nice textures sky and makes it look like clouds which I am really happy with.
Once I had created the street and has coloured it all and shaded everything I started thinking about which animals I would like to incorporate into the image. I really like one of the drawings of an octopus from my animals and creatures sketchbook so I took inspiration from that and used a pressure sensitive brush to create a tonal drawing of an octopus. After I had drawn the octopus I realised that it looks a bit out of place but I think it adds to the random look of the image. I also tried adding a shadow to the bottom of the octopus but it made it look like it was floating in mid air more than it does already so I decided to leave it.
I also added an oversized bird to the sky with inspiration from my animals and creatures drawings. I used a small pressure sensitive brush to draw the whole of the bird and I think the texture of the wings works quite well.
After looking at the image I thought it looked a bit static so I added a shadow of the bird which I did by copying the bird image, flipping it upside down and changing the opacity of it too make it look more shadow like.
Overall I am quite pleased with how my first image turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment