Monday 6 January 2014

The Book of Drawings Image Three

This is the third image in the series and it is of the street leading up to college. I sketched a few drawings from this area before hand and I drew this out using a round brush with blacks and greys. I used the fill tool to colour most of the buildings and also used light and dark greys shadows.


Next I used a spatter brush to create the trees in the background which I think look really effective.


For the sky I did the same as the first image and used the tool that resembles a cloud and created a very realistic looking sky.


With influence from Rodrigo Araya I added an octopus tentacle going around the side of the building and even used drop shadow to make it look more realistic. I really like how this looks. 


I thought that the empty road could be used like the sea so I looked back at my reference drawings of Orcas and drew one coming out of the road just like it would come out of the sea. I am really proud of the drawing and it is my favourite so far because it is very random and unusual.

No comments:

Post a Comment