Monday 6 January 2014

The Book of Drawings Image Five

When doing reportage I sketched some drawings of the studio I work in and decided to draw a small section of it for my fifth image. I used the round brush tool like in the previous images to draw and colour the room, adding shadow and tone along the way. For the floor I used a textured brush to try and create a floor that wasn't plain and boring.
My idea for this one was just to have my tutors in the room but in animal form. For my tutor Amy I chose to draw a flamingo because she is tall and slim therefore I thought it fitted quite well. I used inspiration from my initial sketches from Flamingo Land and used the round brush and the mixer tool to create texture and tone.


I drew my other tutor Ben as a bear because that's what he reminds me of (no offence Ben). I used inspiration from found images and books. I used a fur brush tool to create the fur of the bear and I think it looks unfinished but I kind of like it that way.


I placed the animals in the room and I realise that The bear is smaller than the flamingo but that is simply because Ben is smaller than Amy! To add more realism I copied the bear image and changed the opacity to create a reflection in the window.


I then also created a reflection in the same way for the flamingo. This is not my favourite image but I still think it is quite effective.

No comments:

Post a Comment