Tuesday 21 April 2015

Negotiated Project - 'Buddy Bear'

Design your own Buddy bear.

The first page I created for the children's activity is a page in which they can design their own Buddy bear. Buddy bears are bear shaped statues that are situated around Berlin with various patterns and images painted onto them and I thought this activity would be good for children to draw whatever they want on the templates. 



Firstly I drew out a Buddy bear shaped template which I then duplicated to make a small series of them.


I started out with 12 bears but I thought that it took up too much space on the page and if I made the templates smaller there wouldn't be much space for the children to draw on.


Here I was figuring out how thick I wanted the line of the titles on the pages. I thought a medium thickness would be best for children to make it easier for them to read.





I thought about adding a background which in this case I made a pale blue. I chose pale blue because I think it is quite a unisex colour and the paleness makes it not too harsh.


I started experimenting with the title as I thought plain black was a bit boring for children so I decided to incorporate the colours of the German flag. Here I have duplicated the title and made one red and one yellow and off-centred them to create a kind of colour blur. 



I thought the first experiment was a bit much for children to look at so I separated the title into three sections and made a kind of vertical flag.


I decided that a horizontal flag look would be better to use so I changed it up a bit to look like this and I like it so much better.


The yellow in the title didn't show up very well on the blue background so I decided to take it off and try something different.


The page was too bare with no colour in the background so I tried something a little different where the title was on a white background still. I didn't think this idea worked very well so I tried just a regular border. 





























I tried out a few different colours and I really liked the teal colour which I think fits quite well so I think I will stick with this throughout the pages.





No comments:

Post a Comment