Monday 16 February 2015

Negotiated Project - Initial Idea

Recently I took a trip to Berlin and whilst there I had the task of coming up with ideas for the new Negotiated Project. The Negotiated Project gives me the opportunity to propose any brief that I would like to do, within reason of course, and it must have a commercial outcome. I am to write a learning agreement for my chosen brief and then propose it to my module tutors and they will then inform me on whether it is good enough to go ahead with.

Whilst in Berlin I didn't get much inspiration from anything and I came back with no idea of what I could do. But after a little bit of thinking I decided I would create a family travel guide to Berlin, this will include a travel guide for adults and a separate activity / travel guide for children. My aim is to design a travel guide which is aesthetically pleasing to the audience, unlike normal travel guides found in travel agents etc. I also believe that the children's travel guide / activity book will be a great addition to a family travel pack because it will keep the children entertained whilst travelling to Berlin and whilst exploring the city. 

My research will include looking at layouts and styles of travel guides, illustrated travel guides, contemporary illustration and other artists that are relevant to my project. 



No comments:

Post a Comment