Tuesday 24 February 2015

Negotiated Project - Illustration Next

Illustration Next is a book pretty much the same as Illustration Now. It is a book which contains pages and of pages of different contemporary illustrators. I found an illustrator named Irkus M. Zeberio and I really like his sketchy style illustrations. His use of line is really interesting and the limited colours he uses give the illustrations a splash of excitement. The line work of Ryan Cecil Smith caught my attention. I really like the rough line style, it looks traditionally drawn but I think it's actually digital. He uses colour in some of his illustrations but personally I think the black and white line drawings are much better. Julia Rothman has done a few landscape illustrations which have a lot of character, in my opinion. The line she uses isn't accurate but it still works really well. Her light washes of colour bring out the images and I like the fact there isn't much tone. The illustrations are rather flat but they are still fantastic representations of the buildings and landmarks she has drawn.   




No comments:

Post a Comment