Tuesday 17 February 2015

Negotiated Project - Children's Guides / Activity Books

As I am designing an additional guide / activity book for children I looked at children's travel guides and travel activities. There aren't many children's guides around but I found a lot of inspiration for the activity second of the children's guide. I found a book online called Find and Seek Singapore which is an introduction to Singapore for children and the style of illustration is similar to that of the illustrated travel guides I've previously blogged about. It has a limited colour palette and like the illustrated guides this book has illustrations made up of coloured shapes. I also found on the Usborne website of children's book a lot of activity books for children which gives me a starting point for my designs. Things that are in the activity books include find the object images, colouring in images, fact pages, spot the difference etc. My children's guide will be a mixture of activities and guidance so they can learn and explore as well as have fun. 

http://www.usborne.com/catalogue/travel-activities.aspx






No comments:

Post a Comment