Monday 12 January 2015

Commercial Image Creation - Sketches

The first stage of creating the series of illustrations was to sketch the cafes. Whilst visiting York I did some reportage drawing of the cafes using a pencil and an Aqua Ink Molotow pen to create borders. I chose to put borders on my images because i used them in previous projects and I really liked their effect. I may not keep the border in my final illustrations but for the mean time it's just a development stage. Once I had done some sketches I re-drew the images but this time I made the lines more perfect and accurate. I also drew a version with the order and without the border for development purposes. 

I scanned my sketches into Photoshop and cleaned up the drawings and made the line darker. Before scanning the sketches I should have gone over the line with a black fine liner but I didn't and this would have made it so much easier. But with the use of Photoshop I was able to make the line black. 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment