Monday 12 January 2015

Commercial Image Creation - Final Images

As you can see below I have chosen to go ahead with the images without the border for my final illustrations. As I've previously said I think these images work a lot better with no border and just the line drawing and the Brusho background. 

The colour pallet was chosen by myself as the client who wrote the brief failed to get the mood board I required to me. All cafes in York I believe to be really unique which is why I decided to use messy Brusho for a background because I think it shows the abstract style of the cafes. I think I would have been able to create much stronger images if I had received the document I needed to complete my illustrations but I am still quite happy with how they have turned out. 

I also didn't receive a size specification so I had to figure this out for myself. I thought these illustrations would work best as full page images so that it what I based the size around. The magazine is around A4 size so I opened the image on an A4 canvas on Photoshop and shrunk it so that there was a 1.6cm border around the whole image as well as a 5mm bleed. I put the extra border on the image as kind of another bleed so that if the image was to be printed in the magazine there is plenty of space around the edges for error and I think the illustrations would look better more central than filling the entire page.

I have printed the illustrations on 4 types of paper; cartridge, matte, luster and glossy. Even though the images will be printed on glossy paper due to it being in a magazine I thought that trying other types would be useful in case of making prints in the future. In my opinion the matte paper worked best for prints as it is pure white and the colours came out really well. Unfortunately I could only print 3 glossy and 3 luster so not the whole set was printed with these papers. 


  

No comments:

Post a Comment