Monday 12 January 2015

Commercial Image Creation - Initial Idea

My first idea was to do an ink line drawing of each cafe and the use watercolour as a way of making the image come alive, in the style of Sunga Park. Then I was going to create a background with napkins, menus and images from the visits but this didn't exactly go to plan. I was not able to collect the materials I needed to create this so I had to think of a different idea. 

I encountered a problem when coming up with ideas as the client that this brief was written by failed to send me the mood board required to complete the images. This mood board would have included ideas, images and colour pallets which the client would have liked to have been incorporated into the series of images. Due to this problem I have had to come up with the idea and colour pallet entirely by myself, this is just a taster of what could happen when I am getting jobs from clients in the future.

My idea now is to still draw the cafes using ink and to use some kind of water colour background but the colour pallet is still yet to be determined. As the images are for a magazine I thought that maybe the colours should be loud and eye catching and after looking at previous One & Another magazines I have noticed that blues and greens are used quite a bit. The audience of this magazine is mostly teens and young adults so I think making the images quite bold and exciting will be aesthetically pleasing to my audience. 


No comments:

Post a Comment