Friday 28 November 2014

Commercial Image Creation - I visited York ... Twice

I went on 2 visits to York to check out the cafes in the area and whilst there I took a look inside a few and took pictures of the buildings and done a few reportage sketches. I am going to draw more from the images I took to develop an idea which I have came up with. I am still waiting on the mood board from One & Another but once I have that I will have a better understanding of what is being asked of me and therefore I will feel more confident about developing this idea I have had now for a few weeks. 

The idea that I have in mind is to do a series of images where I will create an illustration of a cafe itself with inspiration from Sunga Park and then add in a background using images etc that I have taken whilst on the visit in a collage form. I haven't worked with collage very much before so I think this might be a new exciting change and the effect could be really nice. My brief is to create illustrations that represent the cafe culture of York and I thought what better way to present it than to use images of the cafes etc. I visited around 8 - 10 different cafes and after a little more research I will choose which cafes I would like to use for my illustrations. 









No comments:

Post a Comment