Tuesday 18 November 2014

Commercial Image Creation - Veronica Lawlor

Veronica Lawlor is best known for her reportage drawings that have led her around the world. She has created work for Brooks Brothers 185th anniversary campaign, 3M Corporation and the Hyatt hotel chain. She was the only artist to document the 9/11 attacks on the World Trade Centre and the full series of drawings are published in the book 'September 11, 2001: Words and Pictures.' Her work has appeared in lots of publications and it was been exhibited in Washington DC, Metropolitan Museum of Art, the Puck Gallery, Gallery 1482, the Society of Illustrators, the Rx Club and the Ellis Island Museum of Immigration. Studio 1482 has 7 members with the goal to communicate visually in new, unique and exciting ways. All members work both individually and together as a group and the studio is based on reportage. www.studio1482.com


I really like Veronicas use of line as it is rather loose but still has a solid structure and I think the varying of thickness of line gives the illustrations a really nice effect. I also really like how she only uses colour in big bursts on her images and it brings out the line a lot. I am looking at reportage artists because for my brief I am going to go to York and do some reportage drawings and of the people I see around and I will be looking at the cafes around the area too and I will take a lot of photographs for inspiration too. 



No comments:

Post a Comment