Friday 26 September 2014

Non - Narrative Illustration - Nick Cave - Fashion / Interview Editorial

I struggled at first to understand what fashion / interview editorial illustration was but with a little bit of guidance I think I now understand. My idea of what they are is an illustration of an object, product or person to accompany an article / interview in a magazine. I have decided to go for the fashion editorial illustration because it's not something I've ever thought about illustrating before so it could be a good challenge for me to try out. As I couldn't find any Nick Cave specific editorials I thought I would just research the term itself. I found some example of fashion illustration editorials in a magazine called Company. This magazine has a lot of illustrated images attached to their articles and I think this looks so good as part of a magazine spread. I will attach some photos below of the magazine. I also found a lot of fashion illustrations on Pinterest which I will link below too. I thought these images would be very helpful for me to understand fashion illustration and it shows many different styles of drawing which can give me some inspiration when I come to create my own illustration. 

http://www.pinterest.com/1auren/fashion-illustration-editorials/


This link is awesome for anyone interested in fashion illustration and for anyone on my course who has also chosen the fashion editorial. 



Company Magazine



 





When I come to draw up my fashion editorial illustration I will look at the fashion of Nick Cave and existing illustrations of mens fashion. I think this is going to be a fun challenge for me and I hope I do it as well as I am hoping!

No comments:

Post a Comment