Friday 26 September 2014

Non - Narrative Illustration - Nick Cave - Advertising

As part of my brief I also have to create an advertising poster. I researched existing Nick Cave posters and I will insert the images and talk about them below.

1

2
3

 These are my favourite Nick Cave posters that I found online. I really like the style of all of these. I like the use of colours in (1), the text font is also really effective and they layout works well also. (3) has really nice composition, it is very simple but I really like it, the colours are awesome as well, they fit together perfectly and the style of the image is very nice. (2) is my favourite I think. I like the big text and how there is a border around the content of the poster. The broken colour effect is really good as well, I think it gives the poster a really unique look and the style of the portrait is really effective. The last one is where I am going to get some inspiration from for my designs, (4) looks like it is advertising the Murder Ballads album and I really like the idea. There is a lot of symbolism and the painting is really cool. I'm not, however, too keen on the text font.




4

No comments:

Post a Comment