Tuesday 19 November 2013

Digital Manipulation: Person

I started out with the outline of the image in black.
I then created a new layer and coloured the background with a round spray brush. I found this brush worked best because the edges of the connecting colours blend together.
I used a flat curve brush to create the hair. I think this brush was good to use because it created texture.
I found it very difficult to get the face proportions right on the face so what I did was I used the stamp tool to just copy the basic outlines of the facial features and then I used the mixer brush and a normal brush to create the shadows using blues and purples. 
For the hands I did the same technique as above and used a small round brush to create the shadows and hand texture.
The guitar neck was the most difficult part. I used the colour dropper tool to pick up the actual colours off of the photograph and used them as a mixture to create light and dark spaces. to me the strings seemed pretty much impossible to do by hand so I used the stamp tool to create those.
I think the guitar was pretty easy to do. I basically used the mixer tool to blend a light blue and a turquoise colour to create a gradient and I like how it turned out. 
Add caption
I added highlights to the guitar body and used the dropper tool to pick the colour of the pick guard and filled that in. I also added the black outline and used a circle brush to create the screws.
I used the circle tool to make the smilie face and used yellow, light yellow and a darker yellow  to colour it.
For the coat I basically just picked the colours off the original image and blended them together to create shadows and light areas. For the strap of the guitar I I used black and then just blotches of colour for the patches.
The shirt was the most difficult part at the point. I could not get the squares in the correct place so I used the stamp tool to copy the outlines and then spent a lot of time picking every individual colour and colouring each square. I also took off the outline and I think it works really well and I am very proud of how it has turned out. 
The image I have drew from is not my own work. It is the photography of Chas Stoddard.

No comments:

Post a Comment