Friday 15 November 2013

Digital Manipulation: Dog

My last image I drew was an image of my dog. For the outline I just used the black paint brush. I started off with the ears and I used a range of browns and oranges to create the colour of the fur. To do the fur I used a brush called 'flat curve' which gave the effect of fur which I thought was really convenient. I used a normal round brush to draw the eyes and I used brown, black and white for highlights. 


It took me a while to get the nose right because I didn't feel it looked right but I got there in the end and even added a filter to it so that it looked textured. I think it worked really well and I am happy with the outcome. 






When I was colouring the body i found it quite difficult to create the fur because the brush was only one direction but I made the best of what I had and I am pleased with how it turned out.


When I finished I just added a grey background and a small shadow just to finish off the image. This is by far my favourite digital drawing because I think it is the most realistic and I spent the most time on this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment