Tuesday 12 May 2015

Negotiated Project - Separation Page Images

Most travel guides have an image which corresponds with the section topic on the title page and this is something I wanted to include in my guide as I feel it is a nice feature. I spend a long time trying to figure out what I wanted to use for the images, whether it be ink, paint, or other materials. After a lot of thinking and destroying many pieces of paper I decided that using coffee to paint the images would work well. I chose coffee as the colour is quite neutral and therefore it won't look too much next to the bright colour of the opposite title page. Below you can see the stages in which I carried out to create and assemble the images. The first stage was the simple line drawings, then the coffee painting step then the addition of the black outline and finally the assembly of the image onto the double title page. I really like how these have turned out even though the process of getting here was long and difficult. The development stages of this were not worth visual recognition, yes, it was that bad. As there are a lot of images I will just show one development process and then all of the final double page spreads. As you can see on the 'about' page, there is just a small border on the opposite side to the title. This is because this page with just have one paragraph about Berlin instead of a representative image. 
















No comments:

Post a Comment