Monday 21 October 2013

Animals and Creatures - 4 Final Images

For the animals and creatures project the aim was to create imaginable animals and produce 4 final drawings. I filled five sketchbooks with drawings of animals from out and about and from when we went to Flamingo Land and I used a lot of my drawings for reference. I started putting random aspects of animals together to create a new unusual animals and basically just decided which ideas I thought worked well together. 


This is a combination of a rabbit and a deer where I put deer antlers on a rabbits head. I didn't know at the time but I found out that this was already a thing which I was a little disappointed about but I still the drawing none the less. I used neutral water colours to create this and I really like the effect it gives.  

This is basic drawing of a deer but I took influence from Caitlin Hackett and added extra eyes to the animal which I think looks quite interesting and unusual and I simply drew this with pencil.


This is my favourite one of the four because I think the technique I used works really well with the type of animals I've chosen (elephant with a snake trunk). I created this using mono print and I used a pen to draw the outlines and my finger to smudge areas where I wanted shading. The pen gave a nice bold outline and the shading created texture on the animals skin, especially the elephant.


This is my least favourite drawing because I am not the best at using charcoal but I thought I'd give it a go but it didn't really turn out how I wanted it to. I basically drew a lion with wings but I think it looks very rushed and messy. 


No comments:

Post a Comment